So, the issue being debated is: Should users be allowed to "edit" their friends-of list?
[ http://www.livejournal.com/community/lj_biz/217808.html ]
:D if you don't want to think, go read [ link 1 | http://www.livejournal.com/users/sparklescamp/255477.html ] and [ link 2 | http://www.livejournal.com/community/lj_biz/217808.html?thread=4596688#t4596688 ] and agree with them. Then copy and paste them into the poll and vote not to change it (first option).
- Friends-of lists the people who list you as friends. Unless you list them as friends, they will not see non-public posts. Currently, one can hide the Friends-of list, if it bothers people.
The issues so far:
- People are bothered when they see that they are the friend of "LOT_OF_ANIMAL_SEX" or something stupid like that that someone made up to annoy aforementioned People with.
- People want to remove those people they hate.
- People fear stalkers.
My points/points I agree with:
- It doesn't matter. Just because they list you as their friend, doesn't mean you are their friend. People need to understand this, and it should be explained to them.
- Changing it will result in even more problems... there are problems enough caused by the friends list... now people will start checking their friends to make sure they're listed, etc. OCD.