- Make a post (public, friends locked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ (or Xanga, for my xanga readers). The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real-life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Surf around your friends list (or friends friends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
Contact information can be found here.
My Wish List
1. To be with friends, notably Karen, Lily, Ting, Megan, 'lissy, 'melly, etc~
2. Rent. As in, the movie. Hey, the musical would be cool too.
3. Rent, as in the stuff that needs to be paid soon.
4. A job? Or internship over the summer, in the maryland area. Preferably having to do with computers, or at least engineering, but I'll take whatever I can get.
5. Some decently sized collection of catboys, so I can draw myself a userpic collection to suit mood->pic.
6. Wizardry, along with some form of the Manual. Or, failing that, hearing about people making the world a better place, little bits at a time.
7. MP3 player, preferably an iPod. Preferably one of the large ones, although honestly, I'll take anything of at least 512 MB.
8. Anyone wanna open an ingdirect.com savings account? That'll get me $10, and you $25, as long as you initially deposit $250.
9. To get back in touch with the person I stopped talking to. That was stupid, immature, and as one of the first friends (even if she may not have viewed it as such? I don't know.) I made here, that was a terrible thing for me to do.
10. Another friend here at UIUC. Even though I don't really have the time for people, if you're stalking me, stop that, and come say hi. I don't bite, I promise! (Although I do I purr, I meow, and I'm quite insane, but if you're stalking me, hopefully you already knew that...)